Introducing Premium Features for Subscription Customers
In addition to core product updates, PeerGFS v5.0 incorporates exclusive features and functionality for Peer Subscription customers, highlighted by Dynamic Storage Utilization (DSU). Through advanced file caching, DSU helps manage unstructured data growth and costs at edge locations. Key capabilities include:
- Specify a dedicated amount or percentage of available storage to be used on the edge storage device.
- Dynamically adjusting time periods for determining whether to stub or rehydrate a file, providing the best end user experience by keeping the assigned storage space as full as possible.
- Direct integration with File Collaboration and File Synchronization job types.
- Point-to-point data transfer capability between one edge and one or more masters.
- Flexibility to mix and match master and edge roles across different jobs.
- Ability to “pin” files or folders to always be local or always be stubbed on the edge storage device.
- Alerts to monitor potential storage capacity limits.
As major new features are introduced in future versions of PeerGFS, we will clearly note if they are available only for subscription customers.