Peer Software is a fast-growing global software company that is a recognized leader in file management and orchestration. We are driven by a culture that values mutual respect, integrity, hard work, and focus on the long term success of our customers. If you believe you share our values, we’d love to hear from you!
Customer Support Engineer – Competitive Salary – Munich* (Germany)
Peer Software, a leader in data management solutions, has an immediate opening for a disciplined, self-motivated and hard-working Technical Support Engineer in our Munich office. The Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise to our customers in the UK, EMEA and throughout the rest of the world.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a can-do attitude who relishes the challenge of dealing with complex solutions. If you’re looking for a technical position with a dynamic company, have a desire to learn new technologies, and enjoy working with new customers to solve their issues then this is the position for you.
The key responsibilities of a Technical Support Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a subject matter expert in Peer Software products for prospects and partners
- Qualifying customer technical requirements effectively, proposing recommended solutions
- Installing Proof-of-Concepts effectively and leading testing to exceed success criteria
- Maintaining relevant technical knowledge through continuous education, training, lab work
Travelling is not required.
The key skills and qualities of a Technical Pre-Sales Engineer:
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networks, routing and Firewalls.
- A degree of Exposure to one or more enterprise storage system (Windows/NetApp/DELL EMC/Nutanix), unstructured file data proficiency (CIFS/SMB) and knowledge in administering and monitoring Cloud based computing (AWS/Azure)
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft server and domain administration
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Efficient time management and organisational abilities, able to work independently and as an active member of a team
- Desire and aptitude to learn new technologies relevant to enterprise and cloud storage, data protection, and collaboration
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
*Home-based with weekly travel to the Peer Software office in Erding near Munich.